News & Events
EFN Featured on NBC29 for WillowTree, Inc.‘s Canstruction Event
WillowTree, Incorporated hosted its holiday canstruction event on Wednesday, November 22, 2017. The company collected more than 1,000 canned goods, and three teams were tasked with building creative structures out of the cans.
Thank you to WillowTree, Inc. for your support!
Join Us: 46th Annual CROP Hunger Walk
Join EFN on Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017 for the Charlottesville Crop Hunger Walk! The optional 3 mile or 6 mile walk begins at 1:30pm at Meadows Presbyterian Church (500 Park St, Charlottesville, VA 22902). Walkers are encouraged to collect donations before the walk (checks can be made out to CROP Walk).
The purpose of the Hunger Walk is to educate our community about the needs of hungry people in our community and around the world through sponsorship of this service project in which people of all ages can participate. 25% of the money raised will be given to the local Community Meals on Wheels and the Emergency Food Network.
CROP Hunger Walks are community-wide events sponsored by Church World Service and organized by religious groups, businesses, schools and others to raise funds to end hunger in the U.S. and around the world.
EFN Featured on WTJU Radio
Thank you to WTJU Radio for featuring the Emergency Food Network's Chair, Meghan Cloud. Meghan spoke about our work in the community, and ways to get involved this September for national Hunger Action Month™ – the Feeding America® network’s nationwide awareness campaign designed to mobilize the public to take action on the issue of hunger.
The Fight Against Hunger, EFN Featured in Cville Weekly
September is Hunger Action Month™ – the Feeding America® network’s nationwide awareness campaign designed to mobilize the public to take action on the issue of hunger. The campaign brings attention to the reality of hunger in the United States and promotes ways for individuals and organizations to get involved in the movement to help end hunger. Thank you to Cville Weekly for highlighting the Emergency Food Network for our work in the Charlottesville community: http://www.c-ville.com/brief/#.Wb_31WeZMYS
Emergency Food Network Receives Gift from Food Lion Feeds Charitable Foundation
The Emergency Food Network is pleased to announce that it has received $1,000 from the Food Lion Feeds Charitable Foundation just in time to help feed local residents. The Emergency Food Network will use the gift to continue to provide clients with a three day, emergency supply of nutritionally balanced meals.
“Our services are needed now more than ever,” said EFN Board Chair Mike Signer. “We’ve seen client calls increase 15 to 20 percent during the last calendar year, a number that translates into an average of 1,740 individuals served each month, with the greatest demand during the holidays and the winter months."
Established in 2001, the Food Lion Feeds Charitable Foundation provides financial support for programs and organizations dedicated to feeding the hungry in the communities it serves. Since its inception, the foundation has awarded more than $9 million in grants. For more information, visit www.foodlion.com/feeds.
Join Us: Charlottesville/Albemarle CROP Hunger WALK
Each October, the Charlottesville-Albemarle CROP WALK raises money for hunger and disaster relief. CROP is the international hunger and relief agency for Church World Service. For over 50 years Church World Service has been helping hungry people become more self-reliant and has provided assistance after disasters have struck.
Over the last forty four years our Charlottesville-Albemarle CROP WALK has raised over $921,000. Of the total, 75% has been used to support the hunger and refugee relief work of Church World Service. The remaining 25% has been distributed locally to our Charlottesville Community Meals on Wheels and the Emergency Food Network.
Join Us: Charlottesville Newcomers Club Event
September 22, 2015
The Charlottesville Newcomers Club is an active, fun, friendly organization of men and women who want to make your transition to the Charlottesville area easy and enjoyable. The Club welcomes residents of Charlottesville and of nearby counties such as Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa and Nelson.
The Club has over 400 members and offers a wide range of activities and events. Members enjoy meeting new people, making friends, joining in social and recreational activities, learning more about the area, and getting involved in the community. There is something for everyone in the Charlottesville Newcomers Club.
Location: Farmington Country Club
The Emergency Food Bank is now the Emergency Food Network
New name, same mission.
Join us in Celebration at The Haven
Address: 112 Market St (at First and Market)
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 5:30 - 7:30 pm
Suggested donation: $25.00
RSVP, Volunteer, donate, sponsor, or learn more, (434) 979-9180.